A few days ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Paige from currentlylately.com! You should definitely check her blog out; it’s one of my faves! Thank you for the nomination!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave to you.
- Nominate at least 5, but no more than 11 bloggers who you think deserve the award.
- Tell those bloggers you nominated them!
- Create 11 original questions for the next nominees to answer.
- What inspired the name of your blog?
I was going by ‘hollife’ on my social media for a few months as a mashup of ‘holly’s life’ and I wanted the blog to have positive energy, hence happyhollife. I’m not 100% happy with it (lol) so I might think about changing it in the future.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I have always loved writing so it is a natural thing for me to be doing it. I love thinking about new content and creating it and seeing it ready to publish.
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
I really love Amy Farquhar, who has a YouTube channel and blog. Everything she does is so cute and lovely.
- What’s something you couldn’t live without?
Excluding my husband (sorry Chris), probably my phone. That sounds really millennial but it’s how I take YouTube videos and promote everything. I could definitely run the blog from my phone if all else failed, albeit a little awkwardly as well. Also, it’s just so handy.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
I would like to be able to be invisible at will (clothes and all) because I could rob a bank and get away with it.
- What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without sleeping?
Around 36 hours – 16 hour flight to Sri Lanka with 14 hours of travelling/waiting either side of that, then we went for dinner and to a show when we got there and everyone was just falling asleep at the table!
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
My dad’s Christmas dinners (I’d be fat but so happy).
- What’s your favorite book?
All the Harry Potters!
- What’s your biggest goal in life?
To be happy with every aspect of it!
- Where do you see your blog one year from now?
I’d like to have 1000 followers (or more!) and I do want to invest in better equipment (lighting, camera) and some more props for pictures. I also want to lose the ‘wordpress’ bit from the URL and be better at keeping on schedule.
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Bigotry and ignorance.
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What do you wish you could tell your younger self?
- Is this your first blog?
- What’s your most embarrassing moment?
- How do you promote your blog and/or blogposts?
- Who are some of your favourite youtubers?
- What blog posts do you find most enjoyable to read and write?
- What’s on your wishlist right now?
- How many blogs do you follow?
- What do you have for lunch most days?
- What is your advice for new bloggers?
Thanks for reading and for all the support so far! This blog has grown really nicely since I started in August and I’m so grateful for every follower, like, share and comment I’ve got since then.