I’m no NikkieTutorials but I do love a transformation. I thought it would be fun to recreate her ‘The Power of Makeup’ video (that got millions of views) and show you the power of makeup for me! Check out the video on my YouTube channel (find below) and don’t forget to subscribe.
Links in this post are affiliate links. If you click them and buy something I get a tiny percentage of commission! All of my opinions are 100% my own and I’d never promote something I don’t like or don’t use! All profits from these links are going directly to the blog and help me keep blogging!
To me, makeup is fun and my favourite thing to do. I use it to feel good about myself, to experiment with colour and to try out new things. I’m quite shy and self-conscious as a person but with a full face of makeup on I feel more confident and happy with myself. I don’t think you need makeup to be beautiful but I think makeup needs to be judged less harshly – we’re not trying to seduce and ‘trick’ people, we’re putting it on to feel good about ourselves! To prove a point, here’s an entirely un-edited photo. No filter except the line to separate the sides of my face!
- Illamasqua Hydra Veil Rehydrating Primer (honestly the best thing I’ve ever put on my skin, it’s a miracle worker and soooo worth purchasing) which you can buy HERE!
- PS Pro Mattifying Primer
- PS Liquid Foundation
- Benefit Ka-Brow in #4 – buy it from Boots HERE! My fave brow product at the moment; it’s so easy to use and you get great-looking brows
- Pixi Clear Brow Tamer – buy it HERE!
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (my favourite – and the internet’s favourite – concealer for high coverage from the drugstore). Get it for £4 HERE!
- PS Loose Powder
- ABH Eye Primer Pencil
- PS Contour Kit
- W7 Matte Me Blush in Going Out, find similar HERE!
- MUR Vivid Bakes Highlighter in Moon Glow Lights, find similar HERE!
- W7 Fixing Spray. Find similar HERE!
- PS False Lashes
- CoverGirl Clumpcrusher Mascara, find similar HERE!
- Morphe 35O Palette
- Brown Eyeliner from an old advent calendar
- MUA Matte Bronzer in Sunset Tan, find similar HERE!
What did you think of the look I did on my makeup side? I really enjoyed it and actually wore false lashes(!!!) which I never do. Make sure to watch the video, which you can find on Youtube (link is at the top of the post or right at the bottom)!