New to TAMBeauty, the Unicorn Love palette by I♥Makeup is a beautiful addition to my collection and something I just had to get as soon as it launched. Here’s my review, swatch and demo of it!
Links are affiliated
This palette consists of 16 shadows – a mix of mattes and shimmers – and it follows the same format as the other I♥Makeup palettes. The palette as a whole is very springtime-suited, with the purples and blue catching your attention straight away. For a unicorn-themed palette, I was expecting more pinks, lavenders opals and silver, but I can’t deny that the palette is pretty nonetheless.
I’m immediately drawn to the warm browns as always and the purples aren’t like anything I’ve had before, so that’s nice to see. I did notice, however, that there are doubles of a few shades – two warm browns, two purples, two golds… they’re different, but still quite similar! Anyway, let’s swatch this palette.
- Unicorn – matte white, good for a base
- Pure – matte pale apricot-peach, good for a base or transition on pale skin
- Myth – dark gold shimmer, nice for the lid but use a damp brush
- Flutter – matte rust, beautiful warm shadow
- Imagine – matte cool-toned brown, bit patchy but buildable
- Story – bright gold shimmer, good on the lid
- Tale – bright purple with subtle shimmer, takes some building up
- Fortune – deep rose-gold shimmer, beautiful colour for the lid
- Gallop – matte purple-brown, swatches really well
- Mane – pink-purple with subtle shimmer, needs building up
- Magic – matte deep chocolate brown, bit patchy
- Sparkle – rust shimmer, swatches beautifully
- Horn – matte deep purple-brown, really pigmented considering it’s dark
- Wings – matte orange-brown, another gorgeous warm colour
- Icon – bright blue shimmer, needs building up but is gorgeous
- Love – warm peachy shimmer, perfect for brow bone highlight
The majority of the palette swatched easily and was pigmented, but a couple of the shades were more difficult to work with. A little building up or a wet brush solves that problem, however.
The palette was easy to use on my eyes and blended out nicely. I used Unicorn as a base, followed by Flutter and Wings in the crease, Gallop and Horn in the outer corner, Myth in the centre of the lid and Icon in the inner corners. I then used Love as a brow bone highlight. I would have liked Icon to be a bit more intense, but next time I will use a wet brush to make it more vibrant.
If you want to buy this palette, you can do so from TAMBeauty (ships worldwide) for just £7.99 by clicking this link. Delivery is free in the UK (or just £2.95 elsewhere) if you spend £30!
What did you think of this palette and the makeup look I created? Let me know!