Good makeup doesn’t have to cost you the earth. Sometimes the cheapest makeup from Boots can do a better job than the more expensive makeup on the counters! I rounded up ten (plus honourable mentions…) absolute bargains under £10 that I love and use all the time.
- MUA 15-shade Eyeshadow Palettes, £5 each – there’s 10 of these in their collection currently and these are by far the best formula that MUA have come out with and probably the best formula of palette you can get for that price in general. I have Fire Vixen and Feather Light and both are beautiful (especially the shimmers in Fire Vixen) – I love using them in an everyday situation. Have a look at them here.
- NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat Foundation, £6 – despite being the cheapest foundation NYX has to offer, this is my favourite! It’s matte but not drying or cakey whatsoever (which is what usually happens with matte foundation) and has excellent coverage. It’s my go-to everyday and night-out foundation! Find it here.
- Tanya Burr Peachy Glow Palette, £7.99 – this is the first thing I’ve tried from Tanya Burr Cosmetics and I’m thoroughly impressed. This is a beautiful everyday palette that includes blush, bronzer and highlight as well as a mirror. It’s really nice quality for an affordable price! Find it here.
- LA Splash Velvet Matte Lipsticks, £9.50 – These lippies are such a beautiful formula and aren’t too expensive – find them on Beauty Bay. They’re super comfortable and longwearing (honestly, the swatches last days unless you use oil) and come in beautiful packaging.
- Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid, £7.99 – I’m a huge liquid highlight fan and this one is my favourite out of all the ones I’ve tried. It’s so glowy without looking glittery and works well both underneath and on top of foundation. Powder doesn’t ruin the glow either! Find it here.
- eBay Brush Sets, £5-10 each – I’m a little obsessed with collecting brush sets from eBay! Some of my absolute favourite brushes are from the site and the sets I’ve bought have been amazing quality considering the price. My favourites are the Zoeva dupes.
- I Heart Makeup Chocolate Bar Palettes, £7.99-8.99 each – These are my favourite drugstore palettes and I have almost the entire collection. I think they’re amazing quality for the price and the packaging is beautiful! You can get them from TAMBeauty or Superdrug.
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray (30ml), £10 – This is at the top end of my £10 limit, but you have to try this setting spray. This is what I use when I want my makeup to last all day and all night as it holds it in place like cement without feeling like you’ve sprayed hairspray all over your face. Find it here (use code HOLLY-R1YD for money off your first purchase).
- Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion (5ml), £9 – Another travel-size Urban Decay product, but again – if you want your eye makeup to look perfect all day and all night, you need this. Even though it’s a smaller size than the full-size version, it lasts for ages. Find it here (use code HOLLY-R1YD for money off your first purchase).
- Makeup Revolution Flawless 3/4, £8 each – Finally, the Flawless palettes are my favourite from MUR and I’ve done reviews on both (here and here). I love the formula and the selection of colours. Buy the palettes on TAMBeauty or Superdrug.
If you want to see me talk about these products in more detail as well as talking about some honourable mentions (it’s difficult to get it down to just 10 products!), watch the video below and don’t forget to subscribe!